Welcome to the UpperEdge blog. Our goal is to provide thought-provoking strategies and proven approaches for sourcing and establishing next-generation relationships with key IT suppliers. Further, we want to level the playing field for buyers of technology by sharing timely market intelligence, actionable advice and best practices. Our insights are based on lessons learned from hundreds of successful IT sourcing, contract negotiation, vendor relationship management and advisory engagements. Beyond providing practical advice, we intend to balance our commentary by having a little fun with the myths, conventional wisdoms and sacred cows of our industry.
In our experience, technology buyers – even experienced and sophisticated buyers – often face a significant disadvantage in sourcing and contracting enterprise technology and services. The rapid pace of change in technology and business contributes to this imbalance, as do the “complexity by design” sales strategies embraced by many large suppliers.
The end result is long-term IT relationships that never reach their full potential. That’s why we plan to focus on the following:
- Achieving sourcing success at every step – from evaluation and contracting, to SLA and incentive definition, to ongoing supplier relationship management
- The importance of independent, objective and unbiased perspectives on market trends, risks and opportunities
- Gaining confidence in your IT contracts and relationships – and avoiding buyer’s remorse – based on the latest market intelligence and insights
- Shedding light on the “unknowns” of vendor business practices and IT relationships
- Innovative approaches for shaping key IT supplier relationships to proactively address market-driven business needs and create value.
If you’re new to UpperEdge, we encourage you to learn more About Us – our experience, expertise and offerings. In the meantime, be sure to visit often as we offer our perspective on important market developments and strategies for sourcing success.