UpperEdge is a leading IT sourcing, commercial intelligence and project execution advisory firm headquartered in downtown Boston. We specialize in providing clients with market and vendor intelligence, sourcing and negotiation best practices, and negotiation advice and support for our clients’ most strategic IT initiatives. At UpperEdge we understand that the quality of our delivery is based upon the quality of our people, and we recruit and retain only the best. During the hiring process, much focus is placed on ensuring that the character of our team continues to be built upon a unique blend of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Courage, Commitment, Humility and Social Responsibility.
UpperEdge is currently looking for a professional, high energy individual to join its growing team of experts in an Project Execution Advisory Services Manager role. The ideal candidate will play a central role leading sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations required to support Business and IT Transformations for Fortune 500 executives. This individual must have the ability to lead a team of Delivery members, manage multiple tasks efficiently, exercise superior judgment, and maintain the drive to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while maintaining a positive demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating vendor proposals utilizing state of the market analytical tool to assist clients in selecting the most appropriate vendors for their most important programs
- Conducting vendor specific research to assemble profiles of standard differentiating characteristics of systems implementation vendors
- Planning and coordinating the delivery of UpperEdge services with clients PMO offices. This includes establishing collaborations / information exchange strategies, enabling appropriate meeting cadences, logging, and coordinating specific follow-up actions.
- Developing and utilizing analytical tools to evaluate transformational program RAAID Logs, Status Reports, Deliverable Tracking, JIRA, and Project Management extractions
- Developing and maintaining standardized methods and templates to support service delivery
- Developing content to support UpperEdge marketing initiatives that will be both meaningful to clients and contribute to building your individual and UpperEdge brand.
- Leads or assists in leading and managing client engagements for Fortune 500 companies
- Responsible for the development and delivery of Supplier Management advisory services in the Practice Area
- Provide clients with strategic advice to improve their technology supplier relationships as it pertains to best-in-class project management and risk management capabilities
- Identifies and addresses critical business, financial, and project management gaps issues within IT vendor proposals, agreements, Statements of Work and related contractual documentation
- Assesses and documents the variables and levers which may or may not exist and how those will affect the negotiation strategy and potential outcomes
- Develops strategies, in collaboration with clients, to create effective, efficient, timely and outcome-driven bi-directional communications, either written or orally, between the client and vendors
- Understands and maintains fluency and up to date knowledge of IT Service Provider’s go to market strategies, business, project management, and contractual practices and applies that knowledge on a deal-by-deal basis for each engagement
- Execute and deliver multiple concurrent client engagements
- Identifies issues and opportunities to ensure continuity and predictability in delivering services across multiple client engagements
- Oversee the development and maintenance of portions of the Practice infrastructure including the vendor intelligence databases and supporting client delivery templates
- Partner with the Marketing Team to produce relevant IT vendor, and project management content including blogs, podcasts, whitepapers, and webinars on a quarterly basis
- 6+ years of relevant experience comprised of demonstrated Project Management Office Management Experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of project methodologies including waterfall, agile, and hybrid management methodologies and how they may be applied and/or blended to meet a diverse set of requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to include data comparison and financial analysis/modeling
- Strong experience with Microsoft tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with team members and clients across all levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a timely fashion
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in a related field
- Program project management tools
- Salary levels are competitive and commensurate with experience
- UpperEdge offers company sponsored health and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, holidays and paid time off, 401(k), and other exciting benefits