About UpperEdge, LLC
UpperEdge is a leading IT sourcing and commercial advisory firm that specializes in helping our clients successfully source and deliver transformational programs while maximizing the value they receive from their key information technology relationships. We do this by empowering clients with sourcing and negotiation best practices, market and vendor intelligence, targeted insights, and project execution strategies to successfully enable their most strategic transformation initiatives.
As a leading IT sourcing and negotiation advisory firm, we engage at the highest executive levels within Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies to support the sourcing and negotiation of the relationships required to enable enterprise-wide business transformations. Our full suite of strategic advisory services spans the full transformation lifecycle from project conception and business case development to sourcing and negotiation support to project transformation execution optimization. Our advisors maintain a wealth of experience and utilize a robust set of proprietary analyzers and tools linked to a deep database of market intelligence to provide recommendations and insights to our clients.
Founded in 2010, UpperEdge has been growing at approximately twenty five percent per year and has been profitable every year since its founding. We take great pride in the entrepreneurial culture of our company which is grounded in mutual respect, professionalism, work life balance, team morale, welfare, and giving back to the community through volunteer and philanthropic endeavors.
Our client base includes a significant number of Fortune 500 companies that are the dominant leaders in their respective industries. 100 percent of UpperEdge’s customers are referenceable, and for the past 13 years our client satisfaction scores have averaged 4.5 out of 5.
Awards and Accolades:
- 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2020
- Boston’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For four years a row
UpperEdge is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Business Development Representative who can assist us in expanding our presence in the North American market. Target accounts include fortune 500 companies. The successful candidate must have prior experience selling to C-level professionals and excel at prospecting and closing new business, adapt and respond to changing market conditions, and possess an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Business Development Representative will join a rapidly growing organization and has the opportunity to demonstrate UpperEdge’s capabilities and business fit to top executives such as CIOs, CFOs and CPOs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn UpperEdge’s value proposition, ROI and customer stories to create intrigue in our prospects and develop solid business conversations
- Conduct territory research to identify key accounts and stakeholders
- Execute on outbound prospecting techniques and qualifying leads at a pace and quality to consistently hit and exceed quarterly goals
- Generate qualified introductory meetings for Account Executives based upon specific target lists through phone, email, and social media activities
- Accurately log, track, and maintain records using Salesforce
- Collaborate with Account Executive team to develop territory and strengthen pipeline
- Analyze marketing campaigns to determine campaign success and drive highly effective, targeted campaigns in the future
- Partner with Marketing and Sales team to create campaign target lists using data from Salesforce and Discover.org
- Look for ways to improve business processes and internal systems, to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Achieve sales quota on a quarterly basis
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience achieving new business goals and managing Fortune 500 client
- A drive to succeed and a proven ability to be resilient and overcome challenges
- Strong telephone skills
- Confident cold calling skills, and ability to connect with decision-makers to explain our proposition
- Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated success interacting with people by phone, leading, persuading and overcoming obstacles associated with prospecting
- Organized and disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Proficient with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office (including Excel) and LinkedIn
- Thorough and exacting in attention to detail, constantly striving to understand the nuances in data sources and unique executions so that you can present your findings with established degrees of confidence
- B.S. / B.A. or equivalent experience
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary levels are competitive and commensurate with experience
- Company Sponsored Health and Dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday and PTO, 401K, Hybrid / Remote Work Options, a Great Work-Life Balance, and other exciting benefits