We would have not been able to accomplish these results without UpperEdge.
AVP IT, F100 Retailer
Managing an IT Services portfolio is a complex and on-going endeavor that presents many challenges. From identifying, evaluating, and selecting the right implementation partners to managing and evaluating existing vendors, companies are continuously challenged to improve cost reduction strategies and increase efficiencies. They need to adapt and align to changing business needs and corporate objectives.
We empower companies
- IT sourcing and negotiation practitioners with over 17 years of industry advisory experience
- Experts in facilitating competitive vendor evaluations, negotiating over $6B in services agreements across all facets of IT, and enhancing vendor management strategies
- Proficiency with a wide range of IT service provider engagements, including System Implementation (SI), Application Management Support (AMS), and Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) sourcing
- Access to a comprehensive database of IT services pricing, commercial terms, and service-level IT benchmarking that informs our fact-based IT sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Proven sourcing methodologies using robust tools and templates to:
- Accelerate the development and execution of negotiation strategies
- Evaluate the selection and IT cost optimization of service providers
- Improve vendor relationships
Facilitate Client Sourcing and Optimization Initiatives:
- System Implementation (SI) Sourcing: Develop an SI negotiation strategy, including negotiation preparation, commercial evaluation and rate card/key contract term benchmarks with full contract negotiation support
- Application Management Services (AMS) Sourcing: Develop an AMS negotiation strategy, including negotiation preparation, commercial evaluation and rate card, key contract terms and service-level benchmarks, along with full contract negotiation support
- Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Sourcing: Develop an I&O sourcing and negotiation strategy for Help Desk, Hosting, Desktop, and Security sourcing events including negotiation preparation, commercial evaluation, and full contract negotiation support
- Identified $5M-$7M in cost reduction opportunities for global consumer electronics company
- Achieved $15.2M in savings through rate reductions, improved discounts and multi-year COLA avoidance for global F100 retailer
- Mitigated downstream risks through protections that provided transparency, predictability and flexibility to adjust terms
At UpperEdge, we see our blog as a forum for communicating practical and actionable insights that are grounded in relevant experience to assist you in creating value for your organization. If you are interested in staying updated on UpperEdge’s IT Sourcing and Negotiation leadership articles and content, please subscribe to our blog below.