SAP Compliance & Audit Advisory Services
SAP customers are under the constant threat of an audit. We help you understand your potential financial exposure and proactively mitigate your risk of being audited by conducting a comprehensive assessment of your relationship, contract, optimization opportunities, and future license demand to quantify your compliance risk and provide a holistic view of your relationship with SAP.
We Help You Take Control of Your SAP Licensing
Events such as digital transformations, mergers and acquistions, and S/4HANA migrations can wreak havoc on your licensing environment. While you may view these events as disruptive to your business operations, SAP views them as an opportunity to initiate an audit when you're least prepared.
As a leading advisor to organizations undergoing an SAP audit, we understand the history and evolution of SAP’s Indirect/Digital Access contract and licensing practices. Whether you are considering taking advantage of SAP's Digital Access Adoption Program (DAAP) by moving to the Digital Access model before May of 2020 or want to better understand the traditional Indirect Access model, we shed light on SAP's complex licensing policies and provide the tools and strategies needed to get your SAP licensing under control.
Our team understands SAP’s historical approach to providing Indirect Access use rights via user and transaction-based license models. Our experience provides us with a broad understanding of the different user types and price points SAP has negotiated throughout the years. If your organization has addressed Indirect Access, we can determine if your deal is market competitive or contains opportunities for improvement.
We are well-versed in SAP’s new Digital Access Program and can determine whether the traditional Indirect Access license scheme or Digital Access license model is most appropriate for your organization. Our SAP market intelligence and propriety toolset enables us to determine your potential financial risk via the Digital Access model.
We Have Answers
- Do we understand the different Indirect Access license options?
- Is the Indirect Access resolution we negotiated competitive?
- What is my Indirect/Digital Access financial exposure?
- How do I mitigate my Indirect/Digital Access financial exposure?
- What is the right license model & financial model for my organization?
What We Provide
- Market assessment of your contract, commercial terms and pricing
- Assessment of your license entitlements and license use
- Monetization of your software license and maintenance underuse/overuse
- Proven strategies for mitigation of compliance, Indirect/Digital Access risk
- Comprehensive support during the SAP audit and negotiation process
- Inventory & Maintenance Optimization Tool
- Indirect Access Assessment Tool
- Digital Access Assessment Tool
- Indirect/Digital Access Pricing Database
- Indirect/Digital Access Contract Terms Database
Is Your Organization at Risk of Being Audited by SAP?
We have years of experience advising SAP customers on how to successfully resolve Indirect Access claims and mitigate future risk. Since the most challenging aspect of these claims lies in the definition of “use” itself, we developed an assessment tool to help you understand your compliance exposure – and it takes less than 5 minutes.
How Does it Work?
Simply answer 7 short questions and our SAP Indirect Access tool will consider several factors that have been primary indicators of Indirect Access non-compliance events. You will then receive an executive summary of your risk profile, including your potential fee exposure.
SAP Indirect Access
and its Threat to Your Business
Indirect Access violations occur when an SAP licensee breaches SAP’s vague and confusing definition of appropriate “use.” This can occur when a user or third-party application creates, manipulates, or views data in the SAP systems via an interface between the third-party application and SAP.
SAP Indirect Access:
The Best-Run Businesses Are Run by SAP
This webcast addresses the significance of Indirect Access, its impact on architecture and
buying decisions, and the importance of getting a proactive handle on your SAP relationship to drive predictable outcomes.
Recent SAP Audit Blogs
SAP Indirect Access Case Studies
- F500 Electricity & Natural Gas Company Achieves $4M in Savings Over 5 Years for SAP Multi-Year Transformation
- Global Food & Beverage Manufacturer With a Time Sensitive SAP Audit Realizes $4M in Savings Over 5 Years
- Manufacturer Lowers SAP Audit Exposure by $4M in Total Net License Compliance Fees
- F100 Tire Manufacturer Realizes Significant Savings in Overall Capital Overlay & Go-Forward Operating Expenses in SAP Audit
- Healthcare Company Achieves $29M in Savings in SAP Audit
We appreciate your interest in UpperEdge. You can call us at 617-412-4323 or simply send an email to email@example.com to learn more. If you would prefer to be contacted, please provide the following information so we can better serve and support your inquiry.