SALESFORCE COMMERCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES
Maintain Control in Your Salesforce Relationship
Salesforce’s expertly crafted sales system is meticulously designed to extract maximum value from each of their clients. The fact that this cloud giant is the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company to reach an annual run rate of $10B with plans to reach $40B by 2028, is an indicator that their system is working.
The SaaS cloud model is already built to increasingly raise customers’ costs and dependency over time, but Salesforce has taken this to the next level with their incredibly effective sales tactics. This, paired with a perceived lack of leverage, has caused many Salesforce customers to simply give up trying to negotiate with Salesforce, feeling they have very little control over what too often becomes a purely transactional relationship.
We put the power back in your hands and guide you on how to improve your go-forward relationship to maximize the value you receive from Salesforce.
Speak With Adam Mansfield, Salesforce Advisory Practice Leader
If you have a Salesforce renewal coming up or you plan to expand your Customer360 commitment even before your renewal, let’s talk about pricing and terms of your agreement. I welcome the opportunity to share my thoughts in the context of your specific situation.
Don’t Settle for Salesforce’s Boiler-Plate Terms
Too many organizations are living with Salesforce’s standard contractual and commercial terms because they feel they have limited leverage when negotiating with Salesforce. But these vendor-centric terms are written so your costs increase significantly at each renewal. The chart below displays the cost differences between Customer A who settled for standard renewal terms and Customer B who worked with us to secure renewal price protections.
Salesforce’s sales organization is focused on executing a companywide plan to “land and expand” with their customers. They work to establish buy-in from business leads and often circumvent the IT or procurement departments because they know establishing line of business relationships is the fastest way to expand their footprint.
Once Salesforce has “landed” your business, they tend to spend the majority of their effort trying to motivate you to adopt more products and little time helping you get more value out of the products you’ve already adopted.
Salesforce can be particularly difficult to work with during renewal negotiations. They often ignore simple requests for information and refuse to provide meaningful commitments or concessions.
Whether you are becoming a new Salesforce customer or have an upcoming renewal, we can provide you with a tailored, fact-based approach for achieving highly competitive non-standard discounting and pricing for products being adopted now and in the future.
Salesforce Practice by the Numbers
>10 Years of Experience Advising on Salesforce Transactions
>$2B of Salesforce Contract Value Under Advisement
36x Average Return on Investment
How to Win Your Salesforce
> 1,000 Comparative
Product Price Points
Our in-depth and up-to-date pricing database covers all available Salesforce products
A product edition comparison guide and tutorial that includes up-to-date product insights
Robust Commercial Terms Database
Includes comparative key commercial terms and contractual provisions found within negotiated Salesforce contracts
Are You Truly Prepared for Your Salesforce Renewal?
If you have a renewal approaching, prepare yourself by downloading our webcast recording which:
• Outlines how to effectively prepare for your Salesforce renewal
• Provides actionable strategies to increase your leverage with Salesforce
• Describes how to address Salesforce’s sales tactics during renewal time
We Provide Highly Customized Deliverables in
Every Client Engagement
Highly Customized Negotiation Strategy
Executive Meeting Agendas and Talking Points
Proposal Solicitation and Commercial Term Sheets
In-depth Contract Reviews
Salesforce Case Studies
- Technology Company Achieves Best-in-Class Go-Forward Commercial Construct
- Retailer and Energy Company Achieves Holistic Contract Structure and Saves $23M
- Consumer Goods Company Right-Sizes Relationship Resulting in $13M in Savings
- Biopharmaceuticals Client Achieves 20% Price Reduction in Salesforce Renewal Negotiation
- Financial Services Firm’s Salesforce Renewal Results in Restructuring Selection of Products With Savings of $8M Over 6 Years
- Airline Optimizes Salesforce Relationship at Renewal and Saves >$8M
- Global IT Transformation Leads to Best-in-Class Commercial Construct
- University Attains Best-in-Class Pricing and Long-Term Price Protections
- U.S. Non-Profit Organization Reshapes Salesforce Contractual Relationship Resulting in $5M in Savings
- Chemicals Manufacturer Improves Pricing, Discounting, Renewal Term Price Protections and Gets the Ability to Swap Product Subscriptions as Needed
- Benchmarks Drive Medical Device Company to Highly Competitive Pricing and Renewal Protections in Salesforce Renewal
Latest Salesforce Podcasts
Want a Salesforce Negotiation Expert on Your Side?
We’re here to help. Tell us about your project and we will follow up with you shortly.