I am a customer for life!
CIO, F500 Food & Beverage Manufacturer
Most organizations have an upcoming Microsoft licensing renewal. UpperEdge empowers these companies to achieve best-in-class pricing, terms, and go-forward relationships after an often daunting renewal process. All UpperEdge clients benefit from deeply discounted upfront pricing, downstream price protections, and license flexibility. More importantly, their relationship with Microsoft often shifts from transactional to strategic in nature. UpperEdge relies on years of experience helping Microsoft customers, with a robust set of benchmarks and proven methodologies to deliver results.
We empower companies
- Provide sourcing and contract negotiation support during Microsoft engagements for over 17 years
- Negotiating over $250M in client spend with Microsoft
- Support the negotiation of all Microsoft agreement types with a focus on Microsoft Enterprise Agreements (“EA”)
- Specialize in renewal negotiations and renegotiations that include mid-term product expansion
- Experts of both on-premise product licensing (Office, Windows, SQL Server, etc.) as well as Microsoft’s cloud agreements (Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure, Microsoft 365, etc.)
- Access to a deep set of price benchmarks across all Microsoft products and price levels (Levels A – D) allowing us to quickly ascertain the competitiveness of your current and proposed Microsoft pricing proposal
- Provide assessment of your current Microsoft product utilization with an emphasis on spend analysis and go-forward optimization opportunities
- Identify potential financial exposure tied to overutilization and non-compliance
- Conduct evaluation of your future demand resulting in a quantified potential financial investment with Microsoft
- Benchmark and measure competitive nature of current and proposed Microsoft pricing on a product-by-product basis
- Develop go-forward negotiation strategy including identification of relevant negotiation levers to use with Microsoft to achieve the most optimal outcome
- Ensure negotiation is well scripted through tailored written deliverables supported by timely coaching and commentary
- Review contractual documentation to confirm negotiated terms are accurately captured and articulated
- Better understanding of Microsoft enterprise agreement structures, volume licensing programs, and product licensing models, methodologies, and use rights
- Savings on average of $5.5M with Microsoft
- 55x average return on UpperEdge investment
- Additional upfront reductions beyond standard volume discounting
- Meaningful price protections ensuring downstream price certainty
- Improved executive-level relationship and governance with Microsoft
- Chemicals and Water Treatment
- Consumer Products
- Construction Services
- Food and Beverage
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Services
- A Deeper Look into Microsoft’s October 2018 Price Increases
- The Playbook All Cloud Vendors Work From
- Enterprise-grade Blockchain: Fad or Future?
- Microsoft 365: Look Before You Leap
- Microsoft Q3 FY 2018 Earnings: Cloud Adoption Continues to Grow
- Alphabet Q1 FY 2018 Earnings: Google Wants Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers
Our reports focus on the overall supplier performance and market behavior that is critical for effective negotiations and long-term relationship management. They do not cover the suppliers’ products, capabilities or services.
To view our Microsoft Q4 2016 Report and request our most up-to-date Microsoft report, please complete the form below.
We appreciate your interest in UpperEdge. If you would like to be contacted, please provide the following information so we can better serve and support your inquiry.
At UpperEdge, we see our blog as a forum for communicating practical and actionable insights that are grounded in relevant experience to assist you in creating value for your organization. If you are interested in staying updated on UpperEdge’s IT Sourcing and Negotiation leadership articles and content, please subscribe to our blog below.