Location: Boston, MA
UpperEdge is a leading IT sourcing and commercial intelligence advisory firm headquartered in downtown Boston. We specialize in providing clients with market and vendor intelligence, sourcing and negotiation best practices, and negotiation advice and support for our clients’ most strategic IT initiatives. At UpperEdge we understand that the quality of our delivery is based upon the quality of our people and we recruit and retain only the best. During the hiring process, much focus is placed on ensuring that the character of our team continues to be built upon a unique blend of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Courage, Commitment, Humility and Social Responsibility.
UpperEdge is currently looking for a professional, high energy individual to join its growing team of experts in an IT Sourcing and Negotiation Practice Manager role. The ideal candidate will play a central role leading sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations required to support Business and IT Transformations for Fortune 500 executives. This individual must have the ability to lead a team of Delivery members, manage multiple tasks efficiently, exercise superior judgment, and maintain the drive to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while maintaining a positive demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads or Assists in leading and managing client engagements for Fortune 500 companies
- Responsible for the development and delivery of IT Sourcing, Negotiation and Supplier Management advisory services in the Practice Area
- Provide clients with strategic advice to improve their technology supplier relationships and achieve best in class commercial constructs
- Identifies and addresses critical business, financial, and commercial issues within IT vendor proposals, agreements, Statements of Work and related contractual documentation
- Works with the client to establish the engagement meeting cadences as well as the key delivery milestones for UE services
- Assesses and documents the variables and levers which may or may not exist and how those will affect the negotiation strategy and potential outcomes
- Develops strategies, in collaboration with clients, to create effective, efficient, timely and outcome-driven bi-directional communications, either written or orally, between the client and vendors
- Understands and maintains fluency and up to date knowledge of SAP’s go to market strategy, business, financial and contractual practices and applies that knowledge on a deal by deal basis for each engagement.
- Manage and lead a group of Delivery Team members comprised of Analysts and Advisors by providing continuous direction, guidance, and training
- Works independently, with limited direction, to manage across multiple client engagements
- Develops strategies and objectives and the associated planning to execute and deliver multiple client engagements
- Identifies issues and opportunities to insure continuity and predictability in delivering services across multiple client engagements
- Prioritizes activities that are occurring in a simultaneous manner and communicates priorities to team so there is a clear understanding of the work to be done and seek assistance to address and resolve conflicting priorities if required
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Practice infrastructure including the vendor intelligence databases and supporting client delivery templates
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by continuously validating the quality and delivery of UpperEdge’s services
- Develop and enhance our service and product offerings
- Partner with the Marketing Team to produce relevant IT vendor and market intelligence content including blogs, podcasts, whitepapers, and webinars on a quarterly basis
- 6+ years of relevant experience comprised of IT Sourcing, Contracting, and Vendor Management Experience
- Diverse industry background comprised of buy side, sell side and advisory experience
- Proven experience working with and supporting c-level executives including CIOs, CTOs and CFOs
- Technical understanding of various license models (perpetual, term, flex, etc.) and how they may be applied and/or blended to meet a diverse set of requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current state of the supply market including increasing niche providers and consolidation driven by market stalwarts such as Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft.
- Demonstrated understand of critical T’s & C’s related to software to ensure the balance of risk, value, cost.
- experience soliciting (e.g. RFP) and negotiating systems implementation services for software generally or SAP software specifically
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with team members and clients across all levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a timely fashion
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in a related field
- Salary levels are competitive and commensurate with experience
- UpperEdge offers company sponsored health and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, holidays and paid time off, 401(k), and other exciting benefits