UpperEdge made a believer out of me. After receiving our original Oracle cloud ERP proposal, we were able to save an additional 50% over 5 years on our deal.
Brian Crowley, SVP & Chief Financial Officer, Beall’s, Inc.
Most organizations have some Oracle products within their IT landscape, whether those are ERP or Oracle-acquired applications like Peoplesoft, JDE, Siebel, etc. Oracle is aggressive in conducting software audits and exerting sales pressure in an effort to move customers toward cloud agreements. UpperEdge empowers these companies by identifying their audit financial risk exposure, identifying the likelihood of being audited by Oracle, as well as providing detailed and precise best-in-class negotiation advice. No matter the type of license model you may be considering, all UpperEdge clients achieve deeply discounted upfront pricing, downstream price protections, and license flexibility.
We empower companies
- Provide sourcing and Oracle negotiation services for over 17 years
- Advised on Oracle deals worth over $2B in TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) in the past 5 years
- Support the negotiation of all Oracle licensing models and agreement types – component, enterprise, unlimited, or cloud
- Specialize in contract negotiations for audit resolution and the expansion of your Oracle footprint
- Deep understanding of the Oracle pricing strategy and tactics allowing us to develop negotiation and communication approaches to influence Oracle’s decision-making process and achieve desired outcomes
- Repository of a robust set of benchmarks and proven methodologies from past engagements to deliver results
- Provide an assessment of current Oracle product utilization with an emphasis on spend analysis and go-forward optimization opportunities
- Identify potential financial exposure tied to overutilization and non-compliance
- Conduct evaluation of your future demand resulting in quantified potential financial investment with Oracle
- Benchmark and measure competitive nature of current and proposed Oracle software pricing
- Develop go-forward negotiation strategy including identification of relevant negotiation levers to use with Oracle to achieve the most optimal outcome
- Ensure negotiation is well scripted through tailored written deliverables supported by timely coaching and advice
- Review contractual documentation to ensure negotiated terms are accurately captured and articulated
- 40x average return on UpperEdge investment
- Better understanding of Oracle license entitlements, Oracle licensing policies, potential compliance exposure, and the various Oracle licensing models
- Highly competitive discounting beyond Oracle’s standard volume discounting
- Meaningful price protections ensuring downstream price certainty
- Improved executive-level relationship and governance with Oracle
- Workday’s Heightened Expectations + Improved Guidance = Promising Start
- Enterprise-grade Blockchain: Fad or Future?
- Oracle’s Cloud Pillars- Helping or Hurting Sales?
- SaaS Matters: Key Caveats for SaaS Contracting
- Oracle Gets Creative with Cloud Selling Tactics
- Workday is Hitting its Stride: FY18 Q4 Earnings Analysis
Our reports focus on the overall supplier performance and market behavior that is critical for effective negotiations and long-term relationship management. They do not cover the suppliers’ products, capabilities or services.
To view our Oracle Q2 2017 Report and request our most up-to-date Oracle report, please complete the form below.
We appreciate your interest in UpperEdge. If you would like to be contacted, please provide the following information so we can better serve and support your inquiry.
At UpperEdge, we see our blog as a forum for communicating practical and actionable insights that are grounded in relevant experience to assist you in creating value for your organization. If you are interested in staying updated on UpperEdge’s IT Sourcing and Negotiation leadership articles and content, please subscribe to our blog below.